***** Following our licence renewal inspection in March 2022 by Durham County Council, Paws n the Paddock is thrilled to announce that we have been awarded the highest possible rating – 5 stars!! *****
Thank you to all our lovely clients with their wonderful dogs for your continued support.
We also look forward to welcoming new clients, please contact us with your enquiries.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
When making a booking you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- All dogs must be kept on a lead between the car park and the dog field.
- Your dog remains your own responsibility whilst using the field and should not be left unattended or tied up at any time.
- Puppies from 8 weeks old are welcome.
- Dog owners are responsible for picking up their own dog’s poo.
- Our poo policy is that if you see it you pick it up. Of course it is possible you may miss your dog’s poo but we ask that if you see any poo you pick it up and someone else will find your dog’s poo and pick it up. Help us keep the field clean and poo free for everyone’s enjoyment.
- Dog poo must be securely bagged and either taken away or placed in the designated pink dog waste bin provided in the car park.
- Rubbish/broken or chewed toys/uneaten treats etc must be taken home, remember it could cause serious harm to other field users if ingested. If you see any litter which has been overlooked, please pick it up and place it in the dog poo bin (as others will do for you).
- Whilst the field is fenced, we cannot ensure absolute security for every dog. We advise that you visit in advance to assess the suitability for your dog(s). We cannot be held responsible should your dog escape or any consequence caused if your dog were to escape.
- We will not accept responsibility for injury, illness or death of your dog from using our facilities. We recommend that you have public liability insurance – often this is included in your home/pet insurance or can be purchased from Dogs Trust.
- Users must not bring to the field any dog that appears unwell, dogs who have a cough, have sickness or diarrhoea, have been in contact with an infected animal, have any undiagnosed medical conditions or are known to have an infectious disease.
- Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Users must keep dogs and children in sight at all times.
- Users must respect the area and contents. No users must be allowed to climb our fences or gates.
- Please ensure that you close the gate properly behind you when you enter the field.
- Parts of the field may not be completely level, users should be aware of this to avoid injury to themselves or their dogs.
The field is only open to vaccinated/titre tested dogs and dogs who Paws n The Paddock have cleared to attend. Please ensure your dog is up to date with worming and parasitic treatment. This is to safeguard all users of the field
- As required by law, dogs must have an up to date identification tag on their collar or harness and also be microchipped.
- Prong collars and electronic devices are not allowed. Harsh handling of dogs, either verbal or physical, is not allowed and users will be asked to leave.
- Please report any breach in the external fencing or gates immediately. Any hazard within the field should be reported immediately.
- Please respect our neighbours’ privacy and keep noise to a minimum. Dogs who exhibit excessive, persistent patterns of barking behaviour will be barred from using the facility.
- Please DO NOT allow your dog to dig. This can cause injury to other users and ruins the grass.
- No dogs to be left in cars while owners walk others.
- No smoking on site or grooming of dogs.
- Please do not walk anywhere apart from on the dog field. The rest of The Paddocks is private property, please respect this. Failure to comply with this will lead to an immediate ban, unless there is an emergency.
Entering and Leaving the Field
Each session starts on the hour and lasts for 50 minutes eg a 10am booked slot will start at 10:00am and finish at 10.50am.
Users agree not to arrive early and to leave the site promptly at the end of their session, to reduce the chance of overlap with the next user who may have a nervous or reactive dog.
It is the responsibility of those using the field to leave promptly at the end of their session so please allow enough time for your dog to be back in the car before the end of your session. If you arrive early please wait outside The Paddocks electronic entrance gates until the hour.
Dogs must be kept on lead when not on the dog field.
Any owners who cannot get their dogs back at the end of their session must notify us immediately. Any additional sessions used must be paid for.
Children are permitted on the field but must be supervised by an adult at all times. The enrichment areas (logs, straw bales etc) are designed to be used only by dogs and at your own risk. We do not take any responsibility for any human/canine injury caused by them using any equipment.
Any damage caused on the property must be paid for.
Users must abide by the Terms and Conditions. Please remember that users use the dog field and its facilities at their own risk and that of their dogs. Owners are responsible for their own dogs at all times. Paws n The Paddock cannot be held liable for any loss, injury, sickness, disease or any other ailments to their dog that may result from using the facilities at the time or in the future.
Vehicles are parked at the user’s risk. Paws n The Paddock cannot be held responsible for any accidents, damage or loss incurred to vehicles or their contents and valuables.
Paws n The Paddock reserves the right to consider changes at any time or amend these terms and conditions of use at any time. We reserve the right to refuse bookings from anyone that does not comply with our terms and conditions.
Finally, all users must respect neighbouring houses whilst maintaining control of your dog(s) at all times. Please remember we rely on a good relationship with our neighbours in order to provide this resource.